The SART Tester STU-1 is designed to provide accurate, independent validation of the operation of any 9GHz Radar SART in accordance with the requirements of IMO Resolution A.802(19) and SOLAS – 74/88.
The STU-1 performs quick checking of the SART parameters and provides a conclusion whether it has passed the test and can be used as a reliable rescue instrument in an emergency situation.
The Tester is portable and easy in use. It is far more effective and reliable than the primitive self-test function offered by any SART.
The SART Tester STU-1 is designed for marine radio surveyors and classification societies. The device allows to ensure that a 9GHz SART meets all the appropriate performance requirements.
The SART Tester measures signal level and duration, calculates the distance in nautical miles from the SART across the radial line on the radar screen, verifies that the signal is in frequency range of 9140…9560 MHz and also counts the number of sweeps and shows them in the graph view. The testing is performed through the broadcast.
To begin measurement, one should connect the STU-1 to a laptop or PC and run the software. The test procedure is managed with help of the software and the measured results are immediately displayed on the screen.
After the measurement is done, all the results can be saved and automatically input to a test report. The test report is generated by the software application in correspondence with the IMO requirements.
The STU-1 is designed to provide accurate, independent validation of the operation of any Radar SART in accordance with the IMO requirements and classification societies.
This test tool is portable and easy in use. It is far more effective and reliable than the primitive self-test made with help of the ship radar.
Dimensions of main unit: 117 x 79 x 25 mm
Weight of main unit: 105 g
Dimensions of carton box: 200 x 120 x 50 mm
Total weight in carton box: 250 g
SART Tester carries out tests in accordance with the requirements of IMO Resolution A.802(19) and SOLAS Convention 74/88.
SART Tester carries out the tests in accordance with the requirement of IMO Resolution A.802(19) and SOLAS Convention 74/88.
The tester allows to perform:
1. The Tester creates request pulses with parameters:
– Carrier frequency 9350 MHz
– Repetition rate 4000Hz, with accuracy ±10%
– Duration 1.4µs, with accuracy ±10%
2. The Tester allows to measure the parameters of the response signal with parameters:
– Duration 50…150µs with accuracy ±5%
– Power level indication 300…950 mW, with accuracy ±2.0dB
3. The current consumption of the device in measurement mode is < 350 mA.
4. Dimensions: 117 mm x 76 mm x 23 mm
5. Weight: 105g
6. Measurement of SART parameters is made through the broadcast by means of antenna.
7. According to service conditions the device is designed for operation in the internal shielded ship rooms at the temperature +5°С…+55°С, and relative air humidity of 95%.